Senin, 08 Juni 2009

Captain Tsubasa: Review

Suatu hari kutemukan bunga di tepi jalan siapa yang menanamnya tak seorangpun mengira (one day I found flowers beside the road, who eat it I don't know).





Captain Tsubasaby Bandai-NamcoReleased: Oct 19, 2006


I knew I had played this game 2 years ago...for 30 minutes. Since I found the gameplay is quite hard so I stopped it at that. And 2 weeks ago I replayed it (just for old times sake), but found out about how to play and ended up being addicted to it (hell 2 years just to find how to play).

So Captain Tisubasah let you control one person per team. So that means in match you only get to control one, which is your captain, but you can order your teammates to pass, shot, cross, etc by pressing circle when they got the ball.

So what took me 2 years to find out? That was the kind of -what do I say- unique gameplay. So as your playing getting to rumble (being head to head with your foe) a circle will appear. As the circle being in the center, press a button. If your timing is correct then you win the rumble. This means, even with the lowest level character possible, you can beat the game! By having a good timing feel and luck. By the way the rank of timing is CRITICAL>SMASH>GOOD>BAD.

As for the storyline, the game uses from the anime. It's from Tsubasa's childhood (elementary school/Nankatsu) until his appearance in Japan National Junior Team. And the game using cutscenes from the anime too!


The judgements:

Gameplay 8/10
What could I say...it's addicting at the start, but gets old after a while. As I stated, with good feeling you can finish the game easily. But it's quite good for spending time a while.

Graphic 7/10
Using cell-shaded 3D character, Captain Tsubasa is good! The graphic is eye-catching and the character looks lively (though had some flaw). I'm not too fond of the cutscenes though. Like Gino's Golden Hand cutscene after catching Tsubasa's Drive Shot, the anime was like that but seeing it in cell-shading environtment looked weird.

Sound 7/10
Original Tsubasa's VAs sounds all the character in the game (except Hyuuga's, his VA died some while ago). The field music isn't memorable, it'd be better if they bring in music from the anime.

Personal Opinion 6/10 --> 12/20 (x2)A good game to spend your time.

Total 35/50 (70%) <-- remidial="" span="">I doubt Captain Tsubasa would be in my favourite game list. BTW sorry for the half-hearted review, I just not in mood to do it...

2 komentar:

Please leave your comment here. Thank you!