Senin, 26 April 2010

A Morning Attack by Light Novels

And I woke up in the morning just to find, hey what the heck?! xD

Early in the morning, I have a mission; Going to the post office and secure my package. I don't know why, but I got a "Calling letter" calling me to receive my package. Since the time is quite limited (8 AM to 10 AM), I need to go fast and reach the office ASAP. But suddenly I got a message saying that we'll have a ceremony at 8! And so my schedule broken into pieces...

At 8 I was ready for the ceremony but it happens that there is no ceremony and the message is a fraud -_-". Getting ready to depart for the post office, I found my vehicle is blocked by other vehicles so I couldn't get it out. Then I called my H1N1 friend and have him give me a ride to the post office. It's great since I conserved my vehicle's fuel ^o^.

Then arrival at the post office. I was getting ready to enter through the main door before the parking man (sounds just right ^_^) give me information that for receiving package have to go the other door. And I went there, and welcomed warmheartedly by the officer.

From my conversation with him, I have concluded:
1. He has a wife
2. He has high interest in education
3. He is a nice person
4. He likes to talks about himself
5. He likes jokes
6. For import goods, they will be stopped at the office. The receiver have to come and claim it after receiving the calling letter
7. The receiver will be sent the calling letter thrice, if nothing is done the package will be sent to the shipping address
8. Gap between each calling letter: 2 weeks

I also want to talk about forbidden goods and customs, but heck the time is insufficient -_-".


Okay, next is the real deal! This is some of the goods I received:


That's a pile of books
Another view



Okay, first we come to:


TheThree Kingdoms

And that's the Three Kingdoms! Consisted of 2 volumes with 1000+ pages each, I don't know when I'll finish this ^o^.



Suzumiya Haruhi Light Novels (Boredom and Melancholy)

And now we come to the light novels! Here I got Suzumiya Haruhi light novels volume 1 and 2. I've heard reputations for it, so I'm looking forward to read it ^o^.

Some insides (first page)

Haruhi Illustrations




And the other; To Kill a Mockingbird, Spice & Wolf vol 1, Shana vol 1

And that's the last batch. I got To Kill a Mockingbird for it's worldwide reputation; Spice & Wolf because I like its story (about travelling merchant); and Shakugan no Shana for...Noizi Ito drawings? xD


Shana graphics


Spice & Wolf graphics



I'm currently reading Spice & Wolf at the moment. And yeah, its anime and manga's story is neatly following the novel, though some details from the novel are excluded.


Well, I'm used to think that light novel and real novel are the same (effects from playing visual novel? lol ^o^). But after reading the actual thing, I have to agree with the opinion saying light novel and real novel are different. Both have different ways to satisfy us readers, like light novel with graphics to relive readers for mid-way refresh and real novel with its beautiful word choices and deep plots plus heavy twists. Just my opinion though ^_^.


4 komentar:

  1. KYA!!!! 3 KINGDOMS!!!!

    Btw, kalo aku di jakarta ntar bisa mampir di kinokuniya lho. Nggak harus impor lagi xD

    BalasHapus
  2. OKOK, brarti nanti wa minta dikirimin tapi ga bayar yo Wat wakaka ^o^

    BalasHapus
  3. OK harganya dikurangi 50% juga OK

    BalasHapus

Please leave your comment here. Thank you!